Austrian Audio’s PolarDesigner open-source plug-in is a post-production dream come true. Optimised for use with our OC818 large-diaphragm condenser microphone working in dual-output mode, PolarDesigner gives engineers and producers more creative freedom and control than they’ve ever had before. And—it’s free!
Simply pull up PolarDesigner in your DAW to manipulate your recorded audio, changing and recombining polar patterns (omni, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight, etc.) across up to five frequency bands. So hours, days, or even years after the musicians have all packed up and gone home, you can reshape the sonic characteristics of the microphones that captured their performances.
- Store, recall, and share presets
- Powerful terminator AI for eliminating or rescuing selected frequencies and instruments
- EQ control for imprinting the tonality of free-field or diffuse-field idealised responses
- Solo/mute each band
- Full automation
- Phase linear
- Optimised for use with the OC818 in Dual Output mode but works with any dual output source
- Ideal for busy sessions: tune instrument pickup during the mix stage
- Formats: VST3, AAX, AU (OSX 64 Bit/Windows 32 & 64 Bit)
- Mac requirements: OSX 10.7 or later
- Windows requirements: Windows 7 or later
Note for M1/M2 Mac users
These plugins will run just fine using Apples’ Rosetta technology, which is specifically designed for the purpose. We will be releasing fully-native M1/M2 versions of the plugins in the near future, which also include new features as well as compatibility with Apples’ latest architectures - but there are no issues to be had with running these plugins under Rosetta today.