The Austrian Audio PolarPilot app turns your smartphone (iOS or Android) into a full-featured remote control for the OC818 large-diaphragm condenser microphone.
Simply insert the OCR8 dongle into the microphone, pair it with your phone over Bluetooth, and you’re ready to go. Using this powerful free app, you can manipulate the OC818’s polar patterns and other functions all in real time and without so much as leaving your chair.
- Our free PolarPilot app (Android and iOS) allows real-time wireless control over your analogue patterns, high-pass, and pad in realtime via Bluetooth
- Save, recall, and share favourite settings
- Discover and create 255 discrete polar patterns
- One setting may be stored in the OC818 for use without the PolarPilot app
- The OC818 is always pure analogue: only the analogue bias voltages are being governed remotely
- Switching also is always analogue
- No digital in either the audio or bias paths—it’s everything you want, with none of what you don’t
- 60-second OC818 clipping monitor/logger
- Wireless control from the comfort of your chair
Issues with Android 13 (as of June 21st 2023): We are currently in the last stages of testing newly updated versions of the Austrian Audio suite of plugins, and this test cycle includes an update to Polar Pilot (Android App) for Android 13. This update will be published shortly.
iOS 9.0 or later
Android 4.1 or higher