In an effort to raise spirits and create a sense of unity during the global pandemic, we are proud to release an inspirational song and video, working alongside some of the most talented singers, rappers, musicians and producers in the world.
Making Passion Heard. Together.
In an effort to raise spirits and create a sense of unity during the global pandemic, we are proud to release an inspirational song and video, working alongside some of the most talented singers, rappers, musicians and producers in the world. The video was filmed inside the contributing artists’ homes during the lockdown period.
Called ‘We Are,’ the song’s lyrics speak of unity, peace, love and togetherness – a message we are very much behind at a time when all live music events have come to a halt, and while front line workers work tirelessly to battle the pandemic.
Looking ahead to a brighter future, the lyrics speak for themselves: “The future’s in my hands, if I poured it into love / What if you were that one, the one that could change the course? / One beat one heart, one life, one love.”
“Lockdown hit all of us in the music industry,” comments Austrian Audio CEO, Martin Seidl. “After the initial shock, we sat down with the Austrian Audio family, our friends and great brand ambassadors. The idea was born to not only do what we are best at: be creative, but to also let good vibes outshine the daily bad news. We want to encourage positivity and hope at this distressing time, and look forward to the day that the music scene is back on its feet.
“Divinity Roxx immediately supported the idea and contributed her song, ‘We Are’ to kickstart this important project. The lyrics perfectly paint a picture of better days and the idea of coming together: ‘We are what we’ve been waiting for / Put your hands in the sky and reach out for the stars’. And so we did, all together, with a group of world class musicians and with help from the Austrian Audio team.
“We – all being part of this great music industry – do have the most powerful tools on hand regarding triggering emotions. That is our passion, our instruments and our music. So here we are: separated by distances and restrictions, we are still playing together, for the music to come.”
Taking the vocal lead on the uplifting track is singer and bassist, Divinity Roxx, inspiring listeners to focus on their inner strength to overcome adversity. ‘We Are’ also features the talents of a number of members of the Austrian Audio family:
- Divinity Roxx: author, bassist, singer (musical director for The Beyoncè Experience).
- Kat Dyson: guitar, vocals (Sheila E, Zucchero, Prince, Cindy Lauper, Natalie Cole, Ziggy Marley and many others).
- Mike Scott: guitar (Prince, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Rihanna).
- Adam Gontier: vocals (Three Days Grace, Saint Asonia, Thousand Foot Krutch, Big Dirty Band, Apocalyptica).
- Polo Jones: bass (Zucchero, Sting, Pavarotti, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen).
- Thomas Lang: drums (Falco, Peter Gabriel, Sugababes, Robbie Williams, Nik Kershaw).
- Yakob Rabitsch: electronic drums (Grammy-nominated producer, writer and instrumentalist for 6lack).
- Derek Brown: saxophone (saxophone innovator known for BEATBoX SAX).
- Ulrich Drechsler: saxophone (Cafè Drechsler, Liminal Zone).
- Jimmy Green: guitar (Mike Rutherford, Nick Davis, Paul Reeve).
- Hectic Da BackPacka: emcee (HipHoppa).
- Andy Baum: vocals (Hallucination Company, Andy Baum & The Trix, composer for TV and movie productions).
- Eric Papilaya: vocals, emcee (new album, ‘Giganten’).
- Wenzel Beck: vocals, guitars (up and coming songwriter).
- Austrian Audio Choir
- Adrian Hall: small percussion, mixing/mastering (Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, Depeche Mode, Linkin Park, Robbie Williams).